Smart Buildings – Asset tagging and maintenance
The Partner organisations have vast estates, with a wide range of buildings and assets that are not always recorded correctly or thoroughly. These key assets can range from customer-facing and operation-critical equipment through to mobile tools and resources used for maintenance.
A solution is sought that will enable simple and smart access to connected data necessary for employees to perform their roles - e.g. critical health and safety information, maintenance records, inspections records and asbestos surveys.
Particularly, the Partners would be keen to identify a smart solution that aids them in with managing plant and equipment lifecycles, warranties and planned predictive maintenance (PPM) across their estates.
For Partners with frequently reused assets, such as containers and pallets, a better understanding of the age/maintenance status of the assets in circulation will allow increased control of their key resources.
Ultimately, increased availability of connected data relating to a range of assets on estates will enable Partners to operate more efficiently, reduce downtime, improve building user experience and create capability for innovation and change.
The solutions we are seeking
The ideal solution will be centrally managed, with means for both employees and service contractors to access the asset data. It will allow site inspections, work commissions and audit information to be readily available, without a large paper trail.
A solution should be able to interface with existing maintenance reporting and scheduling systems and, more broadly, facilities management software. An open standard solution is the ideal outcome of this challenge.
Any solution must streamline the monitoring, management and allocation of physical assets, through the use of labels, barcodes or tags. Preferably, a solution provider will demonstrate a clear understanding of which assets should be prioritised for tagging, to support Partners with and without previous experience of asset tagging.
An ideal solution will eliminate the need to access a desktop to log site visits, inspections and audits. This will enable remote access to forms using smart devices already owned by staff, and reduce delays in completion of work.
Data stored in a solution will assist employees and contractors in the safe use and maintenance of the Partners’ assets, be these equipment, property or vehicles. This information could encompass maintenance records and risk assessments for equipment, site inspections and asbestos surveys for properties, compliance data such as fire alarm inspection data, legionella tests, lift inspection records; and MOT/service dates for vehicles.
Using this solution will enable improved forecasting of the potential outcomes of contract delivery. When reviewing new opportunities, this will allow an accurate indication of the required resource and the ongoing projection for the life of the contract.
• Centrally managed and compatible with existing systems, preferably open standard solution.
• Solution enables maximised staff efficiency by reducing the time spend liaising between departments and contractors.
• Easy to access, navigate and set up with multiple levels of user log-on.
• The solution may be app-based, allowing all staff and contractors (and possibly customers) access.
• The technology will demonstrate that it can be scaled and deployed across large estates.
• New solutions should be able to be implemented without significant change to the IT infrastructure.
• Innovators that not only produce and manage the technology (both software and hardware) but also offer a deployment service for the physical tagging of the assets would be of interest.